Fleas are parasitic insects of the blood-sucking variety. They prey on the host’s exterior. As a result, you will want to know how to rid yourself of the fleas. While these are generally helpful, they are especially useful to know when you are trying to prevent your dog from picking up fleas in the first place.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a healthy approach to get rid of fleas for your dog, and they love it! Coconut oil has a natural flea and tick repellant in the form of lauric acid. The dog will rid itself of fleas, soothe and heal any wounds it may have had, and moisturize and soften its skin, by applying a glob of coconut oil to the hands until it becomes soft. Rub this oil all over your dog’s coat, even on his skin. Finally, comb your dog’s hair. Fleas will cling to the oil on the comb when you do this.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Another natural flea repellant for dogs is apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar mixed with water is an effective flea and tick repellent for dogs. While the warmth of the summer months calls for increased protection, if your dog will eat or drink it, you can mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into their food or water to increase their overall health and wellness. Apple cider vinegar is also excellent for treating the irritation of flea bites and can be applied topically. Also, if it gets sprayed onto exposed wounds, it can extremely irritate.
- Dawn Dish Soap: To capture fleas in your home, use dish soap. The goal is to locate areas in your home where you are witnessing the most flea activity and then use a bowl of warm water and dish soap. Since the mixture is viscous, it traps and kills fleas efficiently. Because fleas are nocturnal, the best time to utilize this procedure is at night.
- Baking Soda: You may want to add a little baking soda on a flea-infested surface prior to cleaning, to boost the efficiency of your vacuum. Sprinkle baking soda on the affected area and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Then vacuum to remove all the fleas. Even once you’re finished vacuuming, you will still have to empty the canister or remove the bag from your home. It is important to ensure no fleas can remain in the bag or container, since they will continue to reproduce.
- Flea Collars: Using flea collar for dogs is another great way to prevent fleas on your dog. You need to get high-quality flea collars to get better results. DEWEL™ PRO Flea and Tick Collar use 100% organic ingredients rather than collars and treatments which utilize harmful toxins to target parasites.
It is always a good idea to inspect your pet and home for fleas even if you are not seeing signs of it. It is possible for infestations to occur quickly and be difficult to halt. Stay ahead of the latest issues!
To get the high-quality flea collar for dogs, you can get it from DEWEL™ PRO. DEWEL PRO depends on natural substances to keep fleas and ticks at bay by numbing their senses.